Wednesday 11 July 2012

Relentless Energy Drink Boardmasters in association with Vans



Hey guys! I woke up in a wonderful mood today after my lay in on my day off!
Felt even better waking up to an E-mail from one of the Boardmasters organisers, exciting stuff!

Around 3 weeks ago I applied for a press pass for the event. I remember attending around 3 years ago, when the headlining acts were Kids in Glass Houses and Elliot Minor, oh how I <3 Kids in Glass Houses! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Didn't get to see much of the surfing though because it was soo wet!


From the 8th until the 12th August 2012, The Relentless Energy Drink, Boardmasters in association with Vans will be heading down to Newquay for a fun packed festival of sports and music! 


Buy your tickets here!


GO BUY YOUR TICKETS RIGHT NOW!

I'll be posting a few times on the run up to the event, for this post I will tell you a little bit about the music, and I'm sure you will all be running off to buy tickets when I tell you the headline act for Friday. I'll give you a clue. He's ginger and likes '+'.



I'll start with the not to known bands and give some examples of their work.
This should be good seeing I don't know the majority of them myself.








Gecko


Gecko are an upbeat acoustic band currently based in South East London, but with many ties back in the South West. Influences include Lightyear and Randy Newman.

Gabrielle Aplin


I am in L-O-V-E with this ladies voice! It's so soft but meaningful! like a classic version of Ellie Golding.

Gabrielle Ann Aplin is an English singer-songwriter from BathSomerset. Aplin first became recognised on Youtube over 3 years ago when she covered a song by the American rock band Paramore, called My Heart.

Jake Bugg


Jake Bugg is a singer songwriter from Clifton, Nottingham. He started playing guitar age 12 and appeared at the Glastonbury Festival 2011 on the BBC Introducing stage when he was 17.


Jake Bugg's song Taste It makes me ready for a festival! It's upbeat, fun and has a Country feel to it! 5* for Jakey boy!



Now performers you may or may not of heard of, but really should of!

The Ting Tings


THEY CALL ME HER, THEY CALL ME STACEY!
THAT'S NOT MY NAME!

I never was a fan of Ting Tings when I was younger, but just listened to them on Youtube for the purpose of this post and they are actually kind of catchy!
I think the reason behind my hatred was because I always got compared to the lead singer...

The Ting Tings are an English musical duo, consisting of Jules de Martino (drumslead guitarbass guitarvocalspiano) and Katie White(vocals, guitarbass drumsbass guitarcowbells).



Maverick Sabre

Maverick Sabre (born Michael Stafford; 12 July 1990 in HackneyLondon)[1] is an Irish-English singer-songwriter and rapper. 

Maverick has become popular in the British charts lately, I wouldn't of been able to tell you what he sings by his name, but his voice is so recognisable!
My favourite song of his being 'I need'
His style is so laid back and urban, reminds me alot of Plan B 'Ben Drew'.


Now onto the big ones! the ones that are going to get you running to the website to order 200 tickets for all of your friends and families!

Dizzee Rascal

Everybody knows Dizzee Rascal, he's like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. I for one love him! He's truly amazing! What Rapper can hold an amazing performance at Download Festival (A heavy rock festival here in Britain) He was able to stand his ground with ACDC, Aerosmith, Slipknot and many others! Hands up my favourite Hiphop star!

He is completely BONKERS!




Ed Sheeran

That's right! if the long list of amazing acts didn't hit your fancy, damn right this young man will!
Ed Sheeran has become a British heartthrob over the last year! with some great tracks including Drunk and A-Team, and some emotional crippling tracks that make you want to cry from the bottom of your soul such as Small Bump from his remarkable album '+'

There are loads more acts on different stages! Keep your eye out for my other posts about the surf, skate and BMX events going on.

But for now! GO BUY YOUR TICKETS!

Thanks for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment